Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hurt Feelings

Today at work, my day started out well. I've been working hard, trying to meet my own personal goals. Again, selling ads in this economy is a challenge but I'm still attempting to do the best I can and not get frustrated.
I went for a walk on my lunchbreak and it was sunny and warm. There were some black clouds but I wasn't going far and thought I'd be Ok.
Suddenly, a storm arrived with 35mph winds. Totally unexpected.
I was caught at a local business and had to phone my job to ask if someone could come pick me up.
Well, you'd think I'd requested someone's kidney.
Certain coworkers find any type of deviation from their usual day to be either frightening or frustrating. So my little phone call asking for help was a problem.
As I was waiting, a citizen offered me a ride and I was on my way back to work within minutes.
Well, my job had sent a coworker after me but I was already gone. He had to come back and got a little bit wet.
I'm sorry.
I got a call to my desk telling me I owed the coworker who came after me a lunch. Really?
He drove the company car over. So he's not out gas money. He got a few minutes out of the office. A little 3 minute paid break, if you will.
I run errands for coworkers, take proofs over for other people. I use my own vehicle.
So the upshot of this experience was this: I have got to stop being so sensitive. My current place of employment is definitely not the place to be a sensitive person.
I've gotta toughen up, shrug these little moments off and continue to do my work.
And pray. I gotta pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment