Monday, August 12, 2013

Finally! (Hey, where ya' been.)

Sigh.
It's been a long time....
Let's recap:
I've had another knee surgery. This one seems to be more successful. Note to self- nothing good medically comes out of Griffin, GA. Drive another 20 miles and use a better doctor.
My exercise life is poor. I joined a gym/studio but find that getting away from my job to attend a class is very hit and miss. Consequently, I'm at least 15 lbs. heavier than I like to be. My clothing is tight. I don't like this one bit.
More businesses in town have closed. If this country is in a slow economic recovery, Barnesville, GA has not received the memo. I'm having a very hard time selling advertising in our small town newspaper. My thinking now is that I will pull the plug on my work life at 62 and begin collecting Social Security. Hopefully, I can then supplement with a part time job. Something I enjoy. Unlike advertising sales.....
Michael still lives at home. Enough dwelling on that.
Gil was baptized less than 2 weeks ago. Now THAT is some wonderful news, isn't it?
We've been to Santa Fe twice in 2013. Still want to retire there but this will be in God's hands.
Jenna is in school to become an RN for the Navy. In less than 2 years, she will be an Ensign. Can't beat that with a stick,  can we?
And now I need to get in the shower and get ready for work. I have prayed to God this morning for peace. I am at least sleeping now- 3 nights in a row, so perhaps I'm on the mend, at least emotionally.
We had an incident at work last month. THAT deserves it's own thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment