Saturday, November 16, 2013

Walking with God- and veering off His path.

I finally came here again, knowing it's been too long since I last wrote.
I read my last little post and realized, it's been EXACTLY the right amount of time!
Here's why:
I was in a bad frame of mind on that last post.  I complained, I pointed fingers..... Generally, this Christian wasn't......
Now, here's the deal. I pray every day. I ask God to let me "wear Jesus" so I show others by example and so that I'm following the Lord's Great Commandment- " Love The Lord your God with all your heart and with all your mind and with all your soul". This is the first commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39. NIV
Whew, right? I've been falling far far short. I pray every day and ask God this same thing... Let me wear Jesus today. And it's taken my sinful self a long time, but I'm moving in the right direction.
I'm not patting myself on the back by any means. Any forward progress being made here is the result of The Holy Spirit working in me. Not anything I've done on my own, believe that. Without God, I'm nothing.
I'm getting along with the coworkers. I'm ashamed of my previous post. But I will not take it down. Let it serve as a reminder to me.
To my friends and family who think they know Jesus, I hope you are traveling the same way I am. This is such joy. It's also such hard work. We fall so far short, it's a wonder God can stomach us sometimes. But that's the beauty of God's love for us. It's so gigantic we cannot conceive it.
And aren't we blessed?
Pick up your Bible or a devotional book. Do it daily. It helps put "you" aside and helps you focus yourself. Read a little. Think on it. Pray. Pray. Pray some more.
Then, the hard part. Try to wear it. You'll fail, you'll be ashamed, you'll ask God's forgiveness.
The next day, do it all over again. Keep trying.
It's hard, it's a comfort, it's what we're here for.
God bless us all, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment