Thursday, January 13, 2011

5:20 a.m. E.S.T.- why am I up already?

So, here I am. I'm between jobs right now, my choice. I'm at leisure to sleep in as late as I want, my day is mine to do with as I will. And I'm awake for no good reason. Weird....
I left my last job on December 20th. This was my Christmas gift to myself, with my dear husband's blessing. My grown children were on the bandwagon as well.
I've been working since the age of 15 (that was in 1970, for those of you who are keeping track, or who are "50 youngs" as am I) and I have a character flaw that causes me to become way too emotionally invested in jobs that probably don't require any heavy investment.
After years of hearing me kvetch and nearly tear my hair out, I finally have taken the plunge and gone jobless.
Here's the trick though:
I do have another job lined up. So, I don't really leap without making sure I have a net below, do I?
I really haven't made a life change at all, have I?
Sigh......

No comments:

Post a Comment