Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to work- I'm an idiot.

That didn't even last for one month.
I seem to lack an identity if I don't have a job. I've been working for 40 years. Apparently it's all I know how to do.
I like having a paycheck with my name on it. I like knowing I'm a partner in my marriage. Mind you, not an equal partner since my husband make 4 times what I make. But it's better than nothing.
I enjoy spending money. And if I'm going to spend it, I feel like I better earn some of it.
So there we go.
I'm back to work and I hope I manage to keep a calm demeanor. I must remember that what I am doing today really won't matter 100 years from now.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Today was your first day back? Hope is all goes well.......and it's always nice to get a check with your own name on it, I love that too!

    ReplyDelete