Thursday, January 13, 2011

My hero- Judge Judy

If you had told me when I was a young lady, drinking and carousing my way across Denver, that there would come a time in life when I would idolize a lady who rips the tonsils out of people who scoff at the rules, I would have called you a liar.
What is so compelling about this woman? Is it that she gets paid millions of dollars to scream at and humiliate idiots, something I wish I was brave enough to do for free?
That's got to be it.
I have low tolerance for human failing. I feel my jaw tighten and my teeth start to slowly grind when faced with idiotic remarks, rudeness, liars, or fools.
But I am unable to voice my feelings so I clamp my lips closed and grind away. I suppose this was a good thing when my children were young. We know parenthood- there are times, many times, that you just cannot say exactly what is in your mind. A small psyche could be damaged badly.
So while I'm "between jobs", I will clear my head living vicariously through my favorite Judge, the Honorable Judith Sheindlin.
Thanks for being there for me, Your Honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment