Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, my Son!

My son was born 26 years ago on Feb. 2nd. Tomorrow is his birthday.
In this crappy economy, he drives an 18 wheeler. This is a job that seems to be immune from layoff. And just in case he does get laid off from Company A, there are 26 other companies ready to hire a trucker. That is what he does.
This is who he is-
Michael is my heart. He is my firstborn. He was born with asthma and nocturnal epilepsy. We nearly lost him to pneumonia when he was 10 months old.
Needless to say, through all the sickness and earthquakes and turmoils of childhood and his teenage years, my son has always held my heart in the palm of his hand.
Really, until you become a mother, you will never understand the concept of "I would lay down my life for you."
That is how I feel about my soon-to-be-26 year old son.
(I have a daughter as well, but she deserves her own little story, to come later.)
So... Happy Birthday, Michael. I will love you forever and beyond, my big son.
Love, Mom

1 comment: